Jack went to his first Birthday party. He felt very important. It was a Princess party for his good friend Brooke. It took me until the day before the party to convince him to dress up as a Prince. Up until then he was determined to be Cinderella. He dresses up all the time. It is part of having two older sisters. However all we have are girl dress ups. After he finally was talked into being a prince and we made his crown and cape/robe he couldn’t stop looking at himself in the mirror. His exact words were “I can’t believe I’m a Prince”. He lets me know, just about every day, that he wishes he could be a real prince now.
SOCCER


I love coaching Kennedy’s soccer team. I was her coach last year, and I don’t “really” want to brag but yes we were undefeated. Kennedy is an amazing player. She gives it everything she has. She loves the competition, as do I. There are girls on our team this year who love the sport and there are those who I believe, do it because their mom and dad wants them to do it. It’s a little hard for me when they don’t love it and don’t put in 100%. I know that at this age it is still mainly suppose to be about fun but it’s no fun when you don’t want to be there. It’s also really hard for those who love it and give 120% and work their butt off. Because unfortunately as hard as they work and as good as they are they can’t win the game alone. It is a team sport. I’m really hoping to get some of the girls who are not giving their all at this point to step it up. We’ll see what happens in the next few weeks.
Rylee also loves soccer. I feel really bad that we didn’t sign her up for spring soccer. She played in the fall and was a natural. We let her join us at every practice. She truly plays harder than a few of the girls on our team who are 4 years older than her. She is so dang CUTE.
JOSEPH SMITH FIRESIDE
Saturday night we were honored to have the crew and members of the “Tribute to Joseph Smith” come to Cedar City. If you have not listened to the music you have to go buy the CD. I believe most LDS members own the CD. It is wonderful music to listen to. One of the creators of the project, Dan Truman, is a good friend of Steve’s, so we were just excited to see him. Steve offered rooms to the crew at our Hotel and most took him up on the offer, all except Dan of course who stayed with us. Steve had told me that Sunday he would be gone before we came home from church so not to plan dinner for him. When we came home he was not gone which we were all happy about however now I had to come up with dinner. Talerine was on the menu for our family, however not a very special dinner for a guest. Then I was also informed that Jason Deare would be coming over to join us. Again I was happy, I had never met Jason and was excited. Again however, no food planned. Luckily we had carne asada meat leftover from the night before and therefore I made them tacos. The most delicious tacos, in my opinion, however just tacos. No sides, no salads, nothing except tacos on their plates. A little embarrassing, but what could I do. I hope they know I didn’t plan it that way. I didn’t dare say anything about it for fear I would make them feel as though I didn’t want them there. So I sucked it up and feed our “famous” guests tacos. Dan is a wonderful man. I have always been grateful for his friendship to Steve as well as me and our family. Jason was a great man to meet. He was so good with our children who were bugging him left and right. They both were big kids and even played tag around the house with our children. I am thankful for wonderful men and women who use their talents and time to spread the gospel.
EMBROIDERY LESSONS
For Valentine’s Day Steve SURPRISED me with an embroidery machine. I had no idea. I have been making aprons for Rylee’s Birthday party and told him it would make it more special to embroider the children’s names on their apron. I did mention it first; however he took it and ran with it. I didn’t literally mean to buy the machine, however it is something I have “WANTED” for a long time, but “NEVER” expected to get right now. Steve becomes obsessed with things like that. When he has something on his mind, it is impossible for him to let go. Therefore, I now have an AMAZING embroidery machine. Let me just say that again, an AMAZING embroidery machine. Unfortunately I had no clue what to do with it. I went to Granny’s quilts and had Karen show me where to get started. It is so much fun. Steve also purchased an AMAZING software program that I am still waiting on. When that arrives, watch out. However, Steve did inform me that I have to start making the money to pay for it now. And that means taking custom orders. So after I am up and running on this thing come see me and what I can create for you. I’M SO EXCITED!!! I'm still just playing at the moment.
SIENA'S PLAYMAKERS
Thursday night we went to support my niece Siena in her performance with playmakers. She loves to perform. She’s getting a lot better. In the past it was a little hard for her to concentrate. She’s only 8. But this performance was really cute. Our favorite part was when the other children had to push her back when she kept inching her way forward to be seen. We had a good laugh.
OREM
"ALL SHOOK UP"
This past weekend we spent in Orem. Mimi was performing in the musical “All Shook Up” at the Hale Theater. It was a lot of fun. I had never been to the “Hale Theater” and thoroughly enjoyed it. I actually think it was the best play we’ve been to that Mimi has performed in to date.
The kids’ favorite part of going out of town is swimming.
We treated them to Chuck E Cheese AGAIN.
We were also up there for the blessing of Lucy, Steve’s niece Emilie’s 2nd baby girl.
Kennedy, Rylee, and Jack love seeing all their cousins.
LIFE IS SO BUSY, BUT SO MUCH FUN!




6 comments:
Holy Moly! SO MUCH is the perfect title for this post! The girls' swimsuits are so cute! I love the little Prince - looks like we may need to lend him some "dress-ups"! Can't wait to see what you come up with on the embroidery machine.
Oh, I was SO one of those girls that didn't give it 100%. I was pretty much trying sport after sport to see which one I liked. Let's just say I ended up taking ballet for 10 years. :-) And I'm a singer. Not much athletic ability. Hopefully the girls' parents will push them harder than mine did. I wasn't pushed at all. I'm a big believer that if you sign up for something, you better give it your all and more. No quitters comin out of my house!
Wow you uys are always so so busy. Your kids are so cute, I would have loved to see jack as Cinderella;) I think I would have the same problem with Will (when all they have are sisters, Princesses are pretty cool). I love hoe Rylee always has the sassiest poses. What a fun family
Wow. What an adventure your life has been lately. I love that you are still out there coaching soccer. I think the five year olds are my coaching limit.
Cute aprons. Keep me posted you know I love to promote mommy made stuff and I know some great web sites to do just that.
I had no idea you have been that busy. Sounds like tons of fun! I am excited that you have an embroidery machine. Now I can get my new nephews name on his baby gift yay!
You stay so busy! I can't believe you have the energy to do everything you do! AND You always look all put together. I cant even wash my hair everyday! That's why I'm in a baseball hat 6 days a week! You rock-mom of the year!
You have got a lot in your frying pan right now Trin!!! It sounds like a lot of fun though. You have such artistic people in your family. I think that is so neat. Singers and performers. Katey and Sara love soccer too. Clint is going to a science camp up at the SUU cabin in June. He is so excited about that. Can't wait to see you!!!!
Post a Comment