Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

Steve took the girls skiing last Thursday. They had a blast. They both love to ski.





Unfortunately he forgot to get their goggles out of the car for them to wear. Men seem to forget a lot. This is the result. Their eyes ended up getting severely burned. Kennedy got the worst of it.





We got a surprise a week ago; three ducks and three chicks. They are cute but what do we do with the cute little things? (more work for me)(yeah)





Saturday we started off the day with the town's Easter egg hunt at the park. We've never missed a year and every year it's been freezing. However it's tradition, we have to go.



Sunday we spend concentrating on Jesus and his sacrifice. We seem to get too caught in the Commercialism. I'm grateful Easter is always on Sunday. It makes it easier to cut the world out and concentrate on the true meaning and reason we celebrate Easter.

I love holidays, they give you an excuse to spend more time with family.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute pictures!! Good luck with the little chicks!

GetrDunn said...

Hey you can call Michelle for help with the chicks she has four ducks. They are kind of noisy Ha Ha Your kids are beautiful take me skiing next time!

Stephanie said...

Chicks and Ducks how fun. I used to have a bunch of chickens until we moved into town. I love fresh eggs. You won't believe the difference.
The skiing looks so much fun. We keep saying we need to take the kids, but I'm afraid to ski. J.C. used to ski every weekend so he might have to be the one to actually do it.
Keep having fun...

Reeves Family said...

The cucumber picture is CLASSIC! So funny.

Rachelle said...

Poor girls' eyes.

Seriously what are you going to do with those chicks?

I can't believe you got all your kids to take pictures with the Easter Bunny at the park. Becca would not do it. And Isaac was lost in all the action somewhere.

Scott & Jennifer said...

Chicks and ducks! I love it! We need to see pictures as they grow!

I grew up with chickens running in the yard and fresh eggs...good times! I miss the "country" life!

Anonymous said...

This was the first year that we have attended the city Easter egg hunt. We are usually out camping. It was so much fun though. A little rain and a lot of wind but fun. I feel bad for your girls. I have done that Ice fishing before. It hurts.

mccall... said...

MORE ANIMALS! Trinity, what are you going to do? I do know someone who has a bird farm...
:)

Cyndi said...

YOur poor little girls. I bet they hurt super bad. They looked like they had fun though. It looks like you all had a great easter! Oh and good luck with those cute little yellow things when they get big and start pooping alot, lol

Toby and Holly said...

I might have to bring the kids by to see those ducks! Tob would be dead meat if he ever brought something like that home!!

Josie said...

Those are so cute! I want to bring the girls up to see the ducks and chicks. What are you going to do with them????