Kennedy and I have planned a Mother/Daughter date for next Tuesday. It is the big talk time. I never remember my mom sitting down with me and explaining sex to me. I guess it just wasn’t talked about then or for some other reason that I don’t know but I always knew that I wanted to be open with my children. I never thought it would come this soon. She has expressed to me on several different occasions that she knows about the “S” word. The other day she even said that she knows how babies are made. I cannot put it off any longer. I am desperately seeking advice from others on how is the best way to go about it. Per the advice of a friend I have decided to make it into a big deal. Not the actual talk but the time spent together. After school, she and I will drive to St. George, for a little shopping, dinner, and a movie. I definitely want it to be a memorable and wonderful experience for her. She is very excited. She is counting down the days. It is actually making me a little more excited than scared. She is growing up way too fast. I miss my little girl, but I love the young lady she is turning into.
I have been doing a lot of research so that I have all the accurate information. If you have any advice please help me out with this difficult subject.
Cara Menghilangkan Ketombe Membandel
10 years ago




12 comments:
Um, best of luck to you! That's my non-advice. I haven't had the pleasure. Thankfully, thus far it has been up to J.R., but now I have something to look forward to - in about 9 years or so. :-)
I think you have the right idea. It should be comfortable for the both of you. I haven't had the pleasure of giving my kids the talk yet, but I think being informed and making it comfortable is the key.
I think you have heard me go on about this topic plenty. Of course, I have not had the actual talk with my girls yet although Isaac and I touch on different subjects since he had the talk with his Dad years ago. I am proud of you for doing this. I really think it is important to talk to our girls when they are ready for this subject. Good luck. I totally remember when my Mom had this discussion with me. I am pretty sure I was in 4th grade.
Let us all know how it goes. I'm going to need some advice on this too. I want to be open, but everytime I think about it I get all squirmish. I think it's great your making a fun date out of it.
Ok so I have 0 advice but since my kids are coming up to that point soon also when your all done tell me how it went and what you did. So if it goes well I am so not above copying you. I have already been stressing that moment and hoping I can push it off for another year, so let me know how it goes
Good luck!!! I think you are doing the right thing though. Make it about you two and spending time together. She may not remember what you say exactly but she will remember how she felt and that she was important enough to you for you to make the time for her. You are a good mom Trinity Ann Knell. Love ya, Shan
I think your going about it in a great way. Miranda found out about it through her cousins and does not want to discuss it with me, which makes me want to cry, but in her own time hopefully she'll ask questions.
P.S. Thanks so much for the bread. It was very yummy and just what I needed that day!
Lucky You! I have no advice, Especially when it comes to girls.... since I have none. She seems mature enough though. Well maybe I have some words of wisdom to share that someone once shared with me.... in terms of giving information to children, it's like being at an airport baggage claim and asking them to carry the heaviest bag. It wouldn't make any sense, right?. So give them the bag you know they can carry. With her, you wouldn't have to give her all the detailed information (the heavy stuff), just enough to satiate her curiosity (the light stuff) for the time being (or until she starts asking more questions etc. etc....) Parenting to me is always a total experiment, so good luck and I hope I've make sense!!!! I've probably confused the heck out of you!
Wow! I wish I had something insightful to share, but I can't imagine a better plan than what you've already laid out. In fact, thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to apply it myself in a few more years. Good Luck!
Ok trin here is my advice for you on this situation. Dont get embarrassed about anything she asks you. It will make her feel like she should be ashamed of it and that its dirty. Make her feel proud to be a girl and love her body. Let her know that anything she hears at school or anywhere for that matter she can always ask you about it. No matter what it is! Dont sugar coat it cause then she will think you are a liar because of the stuff she does hear at school. Just put it our there for her. Ask her what she already knows and clear it up for her. Go by her a book on the female body for girls as a gift. I have had this talk with my boys we do not hide anything from them we have taken the curiosity out of it all. Call things by there real name!! Very important to do this. My boys know that they can come to me about anything and I feel good about that. She needs to feel so comfortable about her body and all the changes that are about to happen. You are doing a good thing by doing it this way good for you! Also let her know she can say those words Vagina and penis when she asks you questions. Its nothing to be embarrassed about. Just let her know that there is a time and a place to use those words. Good Luck and let me know how it goes. Luv ya!
I think the most important thing is to just be honest. We were really open with Acasia, but I don't think kids need to many details. We also tried to stress the fact that it was very sacred.
Good luck!! :)
Post a Comment