Last week was the opening week of the Utah Shakespearean Festival. I was fortunate to attend 5 out the 6 plays that will be performed throughout July and August. Kennedy and Rylee even attended 2 of them. Saturday we (Me, Steve, Ken, Ry, and Megan) saw "The Secret Garden". It was spectacular. The girl who played Mary was phenomenal. She couldn't have been more than 14 and was in almost every scene. We were also pleased to watch Brian Vaughn, one of the theaters top performers. Every time he is performing at the festival we are honored to see him. Another favorite was Shakespeare's "The Comedy of Errors". The costumes were wonderful and eye catching and the performers were top quality. The other plays I attended were Shakespeare's "As You Like It", "Foxfire" and "Private Lives" by Noel Coward. The only Play I did not see is "Henry V". I hope to see it before the end of the season, mostly in part to Brian Vaugh playing Henry. I can appreciate the play because I enjoy Shakespeare tremendously, however I believe I would not enjoy it as much as the others.
I would recommend to anyone living in or near Cedar City to take advantage of the renowned theater and festival that is here. People come from all over the country to see the Utah Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City and I am sad to hear that most residents here do not attend even one play throughout each summer and fall season. It is expensive, however when we consider the culture that we are privileged to have in such a small town, I believe we owe it to the members of the festival if not to our children to keep it alive, and the only way to do that is to attend. They really do hire some of the best actors I have ever seen. I hope it will be a great year for them.

We love it when Megan's here with us!
4 comments:
Hey, Of course you can have a tadpole. We will bring one by this coming week. My kids are ridiculously attached to them but I do now want to find homes for ten little toads.
I am a big Festival fan also. We will see Secret Garden for sure this year. I just wrote an article for Elan Woman magazine where I interviewed three of the administrativie women who work at the Festival. You can get a link to the article at my writing site. http://rnhughes.blogspot.com
oooo. now I want to see Secret Garden
Which one did you like the best out of the four you went to?
I love the sassy poses, your kids are so cute.
Your kids are so cute! I love the poses :)
Post a Comment