I’ve also got Steve exercising every day. Exercising is a lot easier for me than the eating part of this whole scenario. It’s not so easy for Steve however. The lack of time is a big factor. There’s usually less than an hour of time for him to spend with the kids at the end of the day. And if you factor in a workout there is no time, which has left him to exercising late at night. I am exhausted by the end of the day and I can only assume it is the same for him, but he has been a good sport and has continued each day.
So the reason that I put up this post is to add a few recipes every so often. I’m trying new, healthier recipes and I thought I would share those I liked.
This soup is one of my favorites. It is so easy and so good.

Tuscan Vegetable Soup
Ingredients
• 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium canellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
• 2 carrots, diced (about 1/2 cup)
• 2 stalks celery, diced, (about 1/2 cup)
• 1 small zucchini, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes
• 2 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
Directions
In a small bowl mash half of the beans with a masher or the back of a spoon, and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and cook stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the broth and tomatoes with the juice and bring to a boil. Add the mashed and whole beans and the spinach leaves and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes more.




14 comments:
Healthy eating and cooking is really hard, and it seems to get boring over time. We're doing a weightloss blog, if you have any tips or idea's you'd like to post let me know and I'll send you an invite to post on it. :)
I'm like you it is much easier for me to exercise everyday then to eat right everyday. It should be 70% exercising and 20% eating not the other way around.
Ok I'm with you on the eating part of staying healthy. I'm trying to eat better and exercise more this year. My down fall is I sit in my house all day and don't go anywhere so I get bored and eat on anything I can get my hands on. I wish I could go to a gym I would probably do better. I have started running 3 time a week and aerobics with weights 3 times and one day off. I have also decided counting calories really sucks you cant eat as much LOl!! Good luck. Lets plan a day to get together soon.
My family as well is trying to eat healthier in the new year. I have been seeking out healthy recipes and new ways to cook and eat healthier. Thanks so much for the recipe! I'm definitely going to give it a try.
I am so impressed by you. I don't even have that much self control to be that good with both exercise and healthy food. I consider myself doing good just eating wheat bread instead of white. ha ha
No sugar or salt? That does sound serious. Are you indulging in any honey to help take the edge off?
I ate a cookie today! oops!
I am not doing biggest loser but I am on a mission to lose weight. I am pretty sick of eating good too. Actually, I eat a lot of cereal. The Special K blueberry flavor is 0grams of fat and way yummy. (It does have some sugar) I often have a bowl for Breakfast and snack time. I say snacking on cereal is better than snacking on buttery Ritz crackers and chocolate kisses (my downfalls).
I have been trying to exercise too. This is actually the hard part for me.
I would love for the girls to get together. This week has been really crazy, but next week would be great let me know which day works best for you!
Hey Trinity!! This blogging is so amazing. I've been able to see so many people and catch up on their lives with it! Your family is so beautiful! I can't wait to try your soup recipe. My husband loves soup and I'm always up to trying something new.
Yum! I am going to try this! I am glad that you guys are doing good a healthier way of living! I did so bad last weekend I have got to get it together this week!!
I love new recipes. So, I will really enjoy this. Especially because I won't have to stick to it. Ha, Ha!
Hey, I'm so excited about your recipes, I know your a good cook. We also are trying to eat healthier. Toby and now Leland both have high cholesterol. I about died when the doctor told me about Leland. I cried for about two hours! But I truly am excited for your recipes, I can cook but get bored with the same old stuff and have a hard time coming up with anything. Keep it up girl!! And THANK YOU!!
I took this on about two years ago and all I can say is it gets easier. I can hardly NOT cook a healthy meal anymore. There is just no flavor comparison to fresh herbs and spices. It is so much more satisfying than the flavor you get from fats and creams.
My FAVORITE cooking blog is http://prudencepennywise.blogspot.com/ because she takes really amazing, gourmet-ish recipes and makes them healthy, affordable and simple.
Post a Comment