Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Day!!! No More Diapers!!!

JACK IS POTTY TRAINED!!!
YEAH OH YEAH!
The week before we went to Phoenix I started putting underwear on him and after he would pee in his pants he would want them off immediately. Several times I told him he would just have to wear them until I had time to change him. He did not like that one bit. Jack has a really hard time with his hands being dirty so to walk around in wet pants was not his idea of something that was ok for him. After about three days of this he told me, as we were sitting up to the table that he had to go to the bathroom. I was ecstatic. We ran in the bathroom and sure enough he had held it until he got onto the toilet. Since then he has been able to run to the bathroom each time he has had to go. I was worried that when we left he wouldn’t be able to keep it up but he did.

The biggest struggle since then has been trying to get him to wear a diaper when he goes to bed. The night before last he woke up at 4am (I was of course already in his bed from him waking up earlier) (that’s how my night generally goes) he was moving around a lot and crying. When he finally woke completely up he told me that he had to go to the bathroom. And again last night he woke up at 3am to go potty. Yeah again! I guess I won’t have to fight with him about diapers at night now.

I thought we would never get to this point and now that we have crossed the big hurdle I’m not sure why I ever doubted him.

YEAH OH YEAH!
I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH DIAPERS!!!



8 comments:

H said...

Lucky! Jourden has no desire to even attempt to go in the potty, so I don't really push it. If the child isn't ready, it's nearly an impossible feat. Jack is so stinkin' cute! PS who flocked your tree last year? I think you told me he doesn't do it any more, but I guess it's worth a shot-let me know, thanks!

Cyndi said...

Wow thats great! I am so jealous! Doesn't that mean its time for another one?? ha ha. Well congrats litle jack.

Camille said...

Yeah!!!! That is the best feeling ever! One more for me, not for a little bit though. It will be a day of celebration thought to not have any diapers in the house!!!!

George Family said...

Lucky you. Carson just turned 2 and we have been introducing him to the concept of potty training. But 2 is the magic number in this house for potty training. If I'm lucky he will be done in a few months at the longest and weeks if it goes really good. I'm so excited NO MORE DIAPERD YA!!!!. Jack looked really excited he is a really cute kid. Congrats.

Kelly said...

Love those pictures!! What an accomplishment!! Yeah!!

Taryn said...

I am truely jealous... The girls were both potty trained by the time they were two. Ty has passed the Two mark so now we are shooting for the Three mark.

Anonymous said...

That is so great. One day to be diaper free. What a dream come true!!! I love the pictures. He is so cute. Jack is so cute showing off his muscles.

Rachelle said...

Those pics are hilarious. Way to go. Life is good with no diapers. I have been trying to decide what to do with my leftover pullups maybe we should have a big celebratory bonfire.