Sunday, October 19, 2008

UEA Weekend

Tuesday the Canadian Brass Band came to Cedar and performed at the Heritage Center. I was very excited to see them perform however we were unable to get a babysitter at the last minute and therefore I allowed Kennedy to take my spot and I stayed home with the younger children. I knew Steve wanted to go a little more than I did and so I figured it was his turn out. They both thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Kennedy said that her favorite instrument was the trombone.

Wednesday the kids were out of school for 5 days because of UEA and Harvest Holiday. We decided to take advantage of it and took off to spend a couple of days in Las Vegas. We stayed at the Stratosphere and took the Kennedy to the top of the for some thrill rides. Kennedy was our only child tall enough to ride and she had a blast. What a little dare devil she is. She’s so very sweet and sensitive however get her around a roller coaster and watch out, the adrenaline starts pumping and it’s hard to get her off the rides. The scarier the ride the more fun she has. Steve and Kennedy rode both in the day and at night. Kennedy loved the night ride more by far. Since this was the kids vacation we did all the things they wanted. Starting with Chuck-E-Cheese on Wednesday night. Thursday was full of pet stores, the 99 cent store, Cheesecake Factory (this was for us as well), FAO Schwarz, and Halloween shopping. Friday was another full day. Not only for the kids but for me as well. They got to go to the park and feed the ducks while I spent the afternoon at the dentist. We finished out the evening with rock climbing at Dick’s Sporting Good Store (where both Kennedy and Rylee rang the bell at the top), and then a little shopping for me. I did spend 3 hours in the dentist’s chair so I figured I needed a little something. I didn’t realize it until I got home but I came home with 7 new pairs of shoes. How did that happen?

FAO Schwarz

Rock Climbing

Today I crossed a hurdle, our first Practice with the Primary for the Sacrament Meeting program. It actually went a lot smoother than I had anticipated. It could have been because half our kids were absent. It’s a little tricky writing and pulling off a primary program for over 100 kids. This is my third year with this job so you’d think I’d be a pro, no chance of that. However, I do love my calling in the Primary Presidency and hope to remain there longer but once you get to the 3 year mark I think your days are numbered. Now I just have to hold my breath until next week for the actual program. I’m sure the kids will pull it off.

9 comments:

H said...

You are such a selfless Mom, you are always doing fun things with your kids and seem to always put them first. Sounds like a fun weekend. I don't know about ChuckECheese 2 weekends in a row! That's a pretty big sacrifice. I'm sorry to hear about your not so awesome Disneyland visit, I too have been on an over-crowded day and it gets pretty frustrating. Holidays are usually a bad time to go, or should I say not the best time- it is never a bad time!!

Jenise said...

Holy cow, 7 pairs of shoes! How did you get so lucky? What a fun filled weekend. Your getting your fill of Chuck E Cheeses for awhile it looks like. I love going on roller coaster rides. I can't, but I can, wait till my kids can all ride rides with us together so that none of us get left out. And yes, I am the best mom in the world and my kids are definantly perfect. ha ha

Rachelle said...

7 pairs of shoes! Lucky girl. That rock wall looks amazing. I think I may have to take Isaac to Dick's Sporting Goods next time I am near one. He would love that.

Reeves Family said...

7 pairs of shoes??? I need to go shopping with you. You guys are always doing fun things.

Stephanie said...

Ok, I am officially jealous. 7 pairs, you lucky gal. That rock wall looks fun too. I need to take my kids somewhere like that sometime. I think I would be a nervous wreck though.

Kelly said...

Gotta love Vegas! Seven pairs of new shoes!? WOW! You ARE a pro at your calling. You do such a great job and the program is going to be awesome. Can't wait.

Camille said...

How fun! I bet your kids had a blast. Well I bet you did too! 7 pairs of shoes! Yeah.. you did!

Josie said...

You are a wonderful mother! And good luck with your primary program, I was in the presidency and did 3 programs, they are a lot of stress, but somehow they always turn out perfect!! Thank goodness now I'm in enrichment, it's a lot less stress!!

Karynn said...

I can't believe you have over 100 kids! That's HUGE.